Thursday, July 15, 2010

Transparency: Being open with what we have overcome.

Each of us has lived through hard, crazy and often unbelievable experiences. Those times in our lives that when you look back you just shake your head thinking, 'Did I really live through that?"

Last night I was at a business function and a colleague, who is successful and one of the most giving people I know...spoke how hard it was for her to reveal her trials and tribulations to others. How she just suffers through, alone.

I walked away thinking, how important my work is, to help others go through things together.

This morning I posted a prayer request for a friend living through a foreclosure. Many friends chimed in with support, but the most meaningful one, was an individual willing to expose herself and say she had lived through it too. She shared her lesson of "When you lose everything of monetary value, that is when you realize just how much God values you simply for being you. " WOW

A jewel of wisdom was allowed to shine bright because the courage of one person to share with honesty and compassion for their own journey.

I am humbled by unbounded faith in the willingness to reach out beyond ourselves to find connection to God and ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment