Monday, July 12, 2010

The cost of following a dream...

Several years ago when I left Citibank to pursue my dream of helping others create meaningful creative lives a friend gave me The Alchemist.

It is the story of what it might cost to pursue a dream...asks you what are you willing to scarifice...endure.

These past years I have put everything I have on the line to bring the message of Who's Helping Who? to the world. Many would say that I am too brave...took too much risk, was unaware of the discomfort of those around me as they watched me endure difficulty.

Yesterday a friend who came to the gallery talk asked me why the work is so important, why I was willing to risk it all.

My response was simple. I want everyone to know they matter!! That they are worthy of receiving love, that they are capable of giving love.

I am willing to do all that I can to allow this to happen.

Recently a dear friend asked a spiritual channel about the work we are doing with Who's Helping Who? Her response looked at the work as a movement that is needed within this world. I have heard the word movement several times in relationship to the work. Each and every time I am moved to tears, knowing God is calling me to be brave, to step outside my self and open myself to serve a greater cause.

I gotta tell ya...this is HARD! I am willing clearly, yet there are the days, bill collectors call, something breaks, I need to go food shopping and I am humbled.

I know I am on the right path, and also know I am being strengthened with each step...to serve in a greater way.

What are you willing to step into? What are you willing to risk something for??

No comments:

Post a Comment