Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spiritual Olympics: Embracing Pain as a Teacher. Goodbye Shame!


If we could embrace pain as a teacher, we would give our hearts an Einstein like genius. - Bernie Beaumont

My life is unfolding with magical magnificence, yet I feel fear, confusion, and even shame sometimes. Old habit, old beliefs...old pains...

Opportunities have been presenting themselves and I find myself circling the actions that are necessary to bring dreams to life.

Old beliefs can hold me back or I can recreate my beliefs so I may serve God's purpose for me. As I explore these old how these old beliefs came to be, I see people and circumstances weaving together to help me learn and move forward to recreate anew. 

Each time I find myself in a pickle...that is a situation that is asking me to change, I have the choice to stay or be made anew. I can be willing to feel the feelings, explore, honor and learn, OR I can run. Today I choose not to run. Today I choose my courage to face truths and know that I have the capacity to be evolved through God's grace.

For so many years I was ashamed of myself and how I choose to live my life. I was obese and stuck in my eating disorder. I abused myself and allowed others to do so as well. I allowed my low self esteem to tell me lies that I believed. And worst of all I allowed the gifts and skills that God gave me to lay fallow. 

God is calling me out BIG time. I have been in the spiritual Olympics these past few years and know that the training camp that I have been so bless with is calling me to the big ice. I know that as the opportunities to bring the concepts of giving and receiving help to the world. I am being asked to live what I speak. 

The past several months I have learned so much about my own strength as well as the power of love. The vastness of love is expansive in the face of pain. It's power is tenfold when we open ourselves to it. When I am able to rest into prayer and meditation I feel God's unconditional love.

Today I am no longer shameful. Today I face my quirks and evolve myself. Today I create a world of love and hope by stepping beyond the fear and old hurts. Today I am JOY. Today I am proud of the woman I have worked so hard to become. Today I skip, knowing I am free from fear because today I love myself and accept love of God and all those he puts on my path!



No comments:

Post a Comment