Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Joy of Exchange!

An unbelievable amount of energy was exchanged at the opening on Friday evening. I felt so blessed to bear witness to people opening themselves.

I know that each and every person who added to the wall were giving part of themselves and opening themselves to receive.  It was quite beautiful!


During the evening a woman walked up to me in tears. When I asked why she was crying, she said, "Somehow you have managed to create a place where people are willing to open up! I am amazed and grateful." Needless to say I too was moved to tears of JOY. I have worked for four years to create this and knowing that I affected someone makes it all the more important to me.

Creating a space that allows us to exchange ideas, hopes and dreams is the essence intention for the installation. Opening ourselves to what we can give and what we need, cracks the door for conversations that are meaningful and important.

As I continue to document, I hope you enjoy baring witness to the amazing spirit of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment