Monday, July 12, 2010

Being the change or standing against them...

This morning I had a particularly interesting client call. My client works for a big organization that is focused on growing. As a result, many elements of the way they do business are changing. Many people including them feeling victimized and stressed to do all that needs to be done to sustain the business and grow it.

We are all often caught up in changes that we have a hard time supporting, yet know at some level we need to be able to understand the changes, so we may decide to be part of them or not.

Fascinating topic: Being the change or standing against them...

The conversation this morning focused on how far are we willing to go to keep a job. What are the beliefs that we forsake because we believe our voice has no power?

As we move through the world each day, how we decide what change to stand for or against?

Do we support more? Do we support less??

In deciding what to stand for, I know personally, I have to look deep within my self to know when I choose to create.

Work harder, more money,  less time with family, self and God?

What is the balance. What is enough? What is possible?

Interested to hear what this brings up for you?

1 comment:

  1. I have recently made a decision that was one of the toughest for me. I was offered an excellent opportunity in New York to once again run a studio at one of the global investment banks that was a competitor of my previous employers. I was battling the decision for a few weeks, because it was an excellent opportunity to regain my six figure salary, the lifestyle and the status I am familiar with. To my old self, it would have been an easy decision...no sweat.

    But to who I am today, it was the toughest decision I have had to make in a long time. If I were to move forward with the opportunity, I would either have to move my children once again or leave them here with my family--but without my physical presence in their lives. I would also, be stepping away from all that has helped me and continues to help me heal...my family and my friends..my church...all who have welcomed us back with open arms...and given us nothing but their unconditional love and support. Though I know they would always be supportive of what I do, it is my turn to give back in whatever way I can.

    It certainly took some time and deep self reflection to make this decision. I feel at peace with my decision and know that whatever God has planned for my life will come to pass regardless of whatever choices I make...as long as I learn to let go...

    ReplyDelete