Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reversing the Secularization of Eating


Six years ago after loosing over 200 pounds I made a commitment to say grace before every meal I had no matter where I was. I committed to never taking food for granted and always remembering the blessing food is in my life. After doing it with myself for a while I was drawn to ask others to join me as well, eventually it became a practice that others counted on me for.

Saying grace helps me remember the sacredness of the food, the hands that brought it to the table and the connection I have to God because of it.

When I am in public with others, be them friends or acquaintances, I ask if I may say grace. In the 5 years of asking, I have never found a person who said no. Most often the people say thank you for helping them remember to do it.

I am honored and privileged to share grace with others and feel the presence of the divine as we pause with the blessings before us.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment