Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meet Angie Lord


Angie Lord, a strong, resilient and brilliant woman whose generous heart nurtures and inspires all around her.

4:30 am, I sit in my safe warm bed in the home of Angie. I am filled with gratitude for God’s infinite grace to bring me here. I met Angie nine months ago. These nine months have revealed: God moves to inspire purpose, hope and love. 

I met Angie through a friend. Looking for a new home after I had spent several months with friends becoming healthy after a hospital visit, I was ready to move forward with my life. Angie had recently divorced and open to sharing her home.

We set a time to meet. We shared what had brought us both to this moment. We found a connection: hope and a desire to create anew.

When I went to pick up the key and make moving arrangements, we shared a bit more. It turned out we share many experiences that are similar, namely divorce and the desire to know what our purpose is. We both recently overcame illness and the darkness of depression that came with it. We are both on the mend physically, emotionally and spiritually.

These months have been filled with a gentle healing for both of us. We laugh, cry, work, play and often collapse in weariness. I have witnessed a woman whos love of life fills a room, yet is recreating herself, with the courage of a lion. She opens herself to the world and is exploring herself with a new sense of worthiness and wonder.

As I financially struggle to launch my book, her unbounded generosity has taught me that I matter. We continue to struggle with our purpose, yet we both instincually know we are here in this moment to love each other to newness.

No comments:

Post a Comment