Wednesday, June 23, 2010

DAY 1 - Commitment!!

My 300 word project will profile people who have helped me do something, learn something or affected my beliefs.

I’m in the process of launching a book called “Who’s Helping Who?”  It is a book about the cycle of giving and receiving. I have worked on it for over four years. I have learned about myself, the world and my sense of the divine.

Through my work, I explore the affect of receiving and giving help and how people feel about their sense of self worth through it. I have interviewed over 200 people to come to this sense of calrity

I asked three questions to every participant.

Who do you give help to?

Who do you ask for help from?

What is the hardest thing you ever asked for help with?

Amazing conversations revealed the depths of spirit. It was an honor to bear witness to the truth of lives. I had the opportunity to see and feel such a vast range of emotions with each person. During each and every conversation, the topic of worthiness arose. We experienced the joy of giving, the shame of asking and the surrender to feeling their own sense of worth.

This journey has brought a vast range of adventures. I’ve had the chance to fully experience the cycle in ways I could’ve never anticipated. I have been helped to live through massive weight loss, an abusive marriage, a life threatening illness, suicidal depression, the death of a loved one and financial havoc.

Through this, I have helped save marriages, bring businesses to the next level, supported recovery from addiction and watched people blossom because they saw me asking for help as I gave it.

The stories I shall tell will reveal creativity, love, courage, compassion and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment