Thursday, June 17, 2010

Here's the deal. With YOUR help,
I will:

1. Launch a workbook with an interactive gallery installation.
July 2 - invites coming soon!

2. Launch a Blog and website that tells the story!

& 3. Launch a Global Book Tour. YUP have the nerve to say that one out loud! Already in conversations with buds in Birmingham, Boston & Chicago.


The results:

More people will ask for help with:
• Depression
• Creativity
• Suicidal Thoughts
• Relationships
• Addictions
• Personal Growth
• Finances
& Spiritual Evolution.

I decided long ago that, if I were to write about the cycle of giving and receiving help, I best be able to walk my talk. I could not do this book alone, it has been a massively collaborative effort. Literally hundreds of people from all over the world have helped me create the stories, supported me financially, spiritually, emotionally and most importantly, helped me garner the courage to bring this work to life.

I initially created the workbook several years ago and then became seriously ill, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It was put on the shelf and what I realized is that I had to learn the next level of asking for help. Literally had to ask for help to stay alive. I tell ya, it makes the kind of asking I am about to do, seem like a piece of cake.

So this is the beginning of a a few months of bold faced asking for help. I know these things happen in phases and really want to collaborate with my posse to bring it to life. The bestest and funnest things in my life have been done with others, so naturally this biggest event of my life should be done with you!

If you would like to collaborate on bringing the dream of "Who's Helping Who?" to life here are a few things I need help with over the next weeks and months. There will be more asks, I promise!!

1. Look in your junk drawers. Need small objects the size of a marble/quarter for the installation. Anything, buttons, machine pieces, toys, etc...They will be part of the interaction during the month long installation. Please call me and I will come pick up objects if you are local or mail to me by June 25th.

Florence Haridan
247 Lobelia Road
St. Augustine, FL 32086


2. Write a short passage about how you helped me and or how I helped you. OR Raise your hand to be interviewed and taped for pod casting.

This passage will be added to the blog as part of the back stories of the the book. Many of you have been formally interviewed for the book and others have contributed in other ways in my life. Please share. I need you once again... Or I have helped you in some way. Big or small, each exchange of help changes our lives...email it to me at florence@gathernow.com or post it here.

3. Help me find locations to install the interactive experience.
If you are part of a club, organization or church and would love to bring a fun experience to them, I have created the installation to be movable. I have a formal description of the installation that I can share with you, so you have something to speak to your connections about. Call me, 904-612-3934

4. Sponsor the installation of the interactive experience. 
Estimated cost to take it on the road locally is about $200. To take it to your city... $300 + the cost of a flight and a hotel. A great way for your business to gain exposure. Bringing the message of the cycle of help is a message any business/organization can be part of. Your company/Org name will be recognized as a sponsor!

5. Open a door to a publisher. 
I have initially self published with all the confidence that a publisher is waiting for this ground breaking topic! I have the book out for first reads and will have some great quotes from other authors soon!! Call 904-612-3934 to share...

And last, but surly not least...

6. Prayer...
That I continue to have the courage to talk about this important and potentially life saving topic. Over the coming months, I shall share my personal challenges with asking for help, as well as interview others. I pray that we are able to share of ourselves so our victories may inspire others. Please also pray that I stay focused and have the self love to care for myself fully through this adventure. Please email me florence@gathernow.com or share here...


Blessings all!

Remember...Who's Helping Who?

No comments:

Post a Comment